This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- Vanilla Sponge Cake:
- 110g Castor Sugar
- 220g Whole Eggs
- 3g Vanilla Essence
- 40g Anchor Unsalted Butter Pat
- 50g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 120g Cake Flour
- Strawberry Puree:
- 60g Castor Sugar
- 250g Frozen Strawberry
- 8g Lemon Juice
- Whipped Cream:
- 250g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 25g Castor Sugar
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 100g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 100g Semi-sweet Chocolate, Chopped
- 10g Anchor Unsalted Butter Pat
- 250g Fresh Strawberry
- 5g Fresh Herbs
- Using the double boiler method, add in egg, castor sugar & vanilla essence.
- Mix using a whisk until temperature reaches 40°C, remove from double boiler and set aside.
- In different bowls & using the double boil method, melt butter with milk, and set aside.
- Using a hand blender, mix the egg mixture until soft peak and then sift in cake flour, fold the mixture until well combined but not overmix.
- Add a few amounts of the egg batter mixture into the butter & milk mixture, give it a quick mix then pour the combined mixture into a big bowl of batter, give it a quick mix then pour inside 18cm cake mould size.
- Bake in preheated oven with the temperature of 170°C for 40minutes, remove the cake from the mould the rest it on a wire rack.
- In a pot add the strawberry & castor sugar, cook until both ingredients are well combined then pour in lemon juice, stir and set aside & chill.
- 1. Combine both cream and castor sugar in a bowl, mix until medium stif peak, set aside & chill.
- Add the cream into a bowl & heat the cream by applying the double boil method.
- Add chopped chocolate, and stir until both are well combined.
- Mix in butter to the mixture, this is to make the ganache much shinier and also smoother texture.
- Set aside for later use.
- Pre-cut the cake base into a 15cm round mould size.
- Place a piece of pre-cut cake on a turntable, then spread with whipped cream.
- Pipe a few strawberry purees all over the surface, repeat the process until all 5 layers are done, refrigerate for 30minutes & continue by adding thicker whipped cream.
- Spread some chocolate ganache on top then arrange all fresh strawberries on the cake surface & garnish with fresh herbs, chill the cake for 30minutes.
- Cut the cake, and enjoy!
Vanilla Cake Based:
To Assemble Cake: