This recipe is best with
- 420g All Purpose Flour
- 85g Anchor Butter (clarified)
- 165g Water
- 8g Salt
- 250g Anchor Butter Sheet
- Whipped Cream:
- 250g Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- 30g Icing Sugar
- Strawberries or any berries of your preference for garnish
- Mix all dough ingredients (EXCEPT butter sheet) together into a smooth dough (Do not overmix).
- Press down the dough to a rectangular, cover and chill overnight.
- Wrap the dough with 250g of Anchor Butter Sheet..
- Apply 2 x single turn and rest for 1 hour in the freezer.
- Repeat step 4 two more times, resting 1 hour in between.
- After the final lamination, rest the dough again for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough sheet to 3mm thickness and rest overnight in the chiller.
- Cut out into desired shapes (Mille feuille 1.5"x4" per piece)
- Bake at 200C in a deck oven, or 170C in a convection oven for 18-20 minutes, or until well risen and golden brown.
- Whip up the Anchor Whipping Cream and icing sugar until medium stiff peak.
- Cut strawberries into slices.
- Layer cream and strawberry pieces on a piece of puff pastry and repeat another 2 layers.
- Keep chilled before serving.