This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- Yuzu White Chocolate Filling:
- 180g White Couverture Chocolate
- 120g Anchor Cream Cheese (softened and whipped)
- 120g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 50g Yuzu Tea (Jam)
- 90g Anchor Unsalted Butter, room temp
- Popping Candy, as much needed
- Mochi Skin:
- 220g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 60g Castor Sugar
- 200g Glutinous Rice Flour
- 1-2 drops Yellow Coloring (optional)
- 50g Anchor Unsalted Butter, melted
- Mint Leaf, garnish
- Put white chocolate, whipped cream cheese in a heat proof bowl
- Bring Anchor Whipping Cream and yuzu to almost boiling. (bubble at the edge)
- Pour hot cream into the white chocolate mixture. Using the spatula, gently stir until the ganache is smooth.
- Then, add butter gradually and mix until homogenous.
- Wrap ganache with cling film, allow cooling before letting it set in a bowl in the chiller for 5 hours.
- Once it sets, portion the ganache to 20gm each, round them into a ball and coat each with some popping candy,
- Once done, chill them until needed. If ganache is too soft to handle, let it freeze for an hour and work in a cool environment.
- In a bowl, add anchor milk, sugar, glutinous rice flour, yellow colouring mix well with a hand whisk then add in melted butter and whisk well.
- Coat a heatproof bowl with cooking spray, pour the glutinous rice mixture into the greased bowl, Cling wrap and steam it for 20mins or until fully cooked.
- When mochi dough is fully cooked and still warm to handle by hands, transfer to a silicon mat and knead till smooth. Subsequently, portion them into 40gm balls.
- Flatten out the dough into a disc with your fingers. Wrap the filling in, garnish with the mint leaves and serve. Best eaten on the day itself, enjoy!
- Tip: Can prepare some koh fun (glutinous rice flour) to dust as needed on the dough while wrapping if it’s sticky.