This recipe is a courtesy of Anchor Dairy
This recipe is best with
- 185g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 150g sugar
- 150g egg
- 150g low protein flour (sifted)
- 3g baking powder
- 2g salt
- 45g Anchor Full Cream Milk
- 60g dried pitted dates
- 30g pecan nut, chopped
- Preheat deck oven to 180C
- Very lightly oil and line 4x loaf pans with parchment paper
- Sift cake flour, baking powder, and salt set aside
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter & sugar at medium speed
- While the mixer is in operation, slowly add the eggs one by one, add more egg only when the previous addition is fully incorporated
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and continue to mix on slow speed. Add the milk and mix until incorporated.
- Add in the dates and chopped pecan nut then mix well.
- Pour into each of the prepared load pans and make the mixture flat.
- Bake around 35-40 minutes. When cake is done the middle of the cake will feel firm to the touch when pressed with a finger
- You can also test with a toothpick inserted in the centre of cake. Make sure the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly then unmould and cool on a wire rack.