This recipe is best with
- 500g potato, thinly sliced
- 1 small broccoli, sliced
- 150g turkey ham, cut to thick strips
- 1 big yellow onion, thin sliced
- 3 stalks spring onion, sliced
- 30g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 10g all purpose flour
- 350g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 150g Mainland Edam Block, grated
- Some Anchor Unsalted Butter to grease the baking tray
- Preheat oven to 155˚C - 160˚C. Butter a baking tray or a baking dish set aside until needed.
- Slice potato thinly, appx 2 mm thick, soaked in lightly salted water, set aside until needed.
- In a saucepot, cook turkey ham, onion, and spring onion with 20g Anchor Unsalted Butter on medium-high heat for 3 - 4 mins, until ingredients slightly fragrant. Remove aside on a plate.
- For cheese sauce, with the same pot on medium-low heat, cook flour with balance 10g Anchor Unsalted Butter for 1 - 2 mins, whisk in Anchor Full Cream Milk gradually and bring to simmer until thick and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in grated Mainland Edam cheese and mix well. Add in cooked turkey ham, onion and spring onion, mix well.
- Drain potato, in the baking tray, lay potato slices, overlapping each other, then top with third broccoli slices, pour over cheese sauce until covered. Continue layering until finish. Grate more Edam cheese on top if needed
- Bake in oven for 40 - 45mins, until the dish is bubbling and golden on the top, with a skewer poke the potato to check if it's tender. If the top is getting too brown, cover loosely with foil. When done, let it settle for 5 mins, sprinkle some extra spring onion and serve. Enjoy!