This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- 250g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 250g Brown Sugar
- 240g Molasses
- 10g Ground Cinnamon
- 20g Ground Ginger
- 10g Morrocan Mint Tea Leaves Crushed
- 2g Ground Cloves
- 10g Baking Soda
- 5g Salt
- 1kg All Purpose Flour
- 50g Ground Almonds
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Whisk butter and brown sugar together.
- Then add in the molasses and egg.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and fold it in to the batter using a spatula. Do not overmix.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Roll it flat using a rolling pin and use a gingerbread man cutter to cut it out and arrange neatly on a baking tray. Remember to leave some gap in between as it will expand during baking
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 180ºC
- Once cool down decorate with store bought royal icing