This recipe is a courtesy of Anchor Dairy
This recipe is best with
- Enriched Bun (A):
- 1kg bread flour
- 160g castor sugar
- 12g salt
- 1nos orange zest
- 270g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 600g whole eggs
- 40g honey
- 15g instant dry yeast
- Enriched Bun (B):
- 150g Anchor Unsalted Butter, soften
- Chocolate Cheese Chantilly:
- 230g 60% dark chocolate couveture
- 780g Anchor Whipping Cream, A
- 315g Anchor Cream Cheese, soften
- 117g glucose syrup
- 1.1kg Anchor Whipping Cream, B
- Nama Chocolate:
- 570g 70% dark couveture chocolate
- 550g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 110g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- To Assemble:
- cocoa powder, misc
- 600g chocolate chip
- Using stand mixer, knead A on low speed for 5mins until everything is mixed well. Increase the speed and knead for another 5mins or until dough is elastic.
- Add B and further knead until smooth and shiny.
- Bulk ferment the dough for 1 hour 30mins - 2 hours or until the dough is double its original size.
- Degas the dough and portion into 55g, roll into rounds. Place on baking sheet and final proof it for 30-40mins until double the size.
- Preheat oven to 200C, egg wash then bake for 12-15mins or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack and allow the buns to cool completely.
- Cut the bread in half without cutting through. Open slightly and fill with chocolate cream cheese, coat part of the filling with chocolate chips, stuff nama chocolate on the other side, dust with cocoa powder and serve, enjoy!
- Bring Anchor Whipping Cream A, Anchor Cream Cheese and glucose syrup to boil, mix well.
- Pour hot cream into dark chocolate, mix well, emulsify with a hand blender. Add Anchor Whipping Cream B, mix well then keep in chiller overnight
- Whip chocolate cheese chantilly on medium high speed until stif peak, transfer to pipping bag.
- Melt chocolate with hot whipping cream, mix well until the ganache is homogenous and smooth. Allow ganache to rest for 1-2mins before adding butter.
- Add the butter 2 pieces at a time, stirring gently to blend. When mixture is well mixed, pour ganache into lined baking pan. Put in fridge until cool, then wrap and chill for at least 5 hours or until firm enough to unmould. Cut into square and coat it with cocoa powder.
- Cut bun but not all the way through. Fill it with chocolate cheese chantilly, smoothen the surface with a palette knife. Cost 1 side with chocolate chip and place a piece of nama chocolate on the other side. Dust with cocoa powder and serve. Enjoy!