This recipe is best with
- 100g butter
- 40g soft brown sugar
- 20g castor sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 100g superfine flour
- 1 Tbsp rice flour
- 40g suji
- 30g coarsely chopped almonds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup whole almonds, rinsed and roasted, for decoration
- Line baking trays with non-stick baking paper Sift together flour and rice flour.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, castor sugar and essence. Add the milk and beat until light.
- Thoroughly fold in the sifted dry ingredients and salt, along with the suji and chopped almonds.
- Remove dough out onto a lightly floured tabletop. Roll out the dough between two lightly floured plastic sheets. Cut into any desired patterns and transfer to the prepared trays.
- Dip the almond in milk and press onto the centre of each cookie. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.