This recipe is best with
- 120g butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 75g castor sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ tsp instant coffee granules
- 75g plain flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 30g rice bubbles
- 25g chopped macadamia nuts
- Lightly grease baking trays with corn oil and preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sift together flour with bicarbonate of soda. Cream butter, honey, sugar, essence and instant coffee granules until light.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients and salt, and stir in rice bubbles and chopped macadamia nuts to mix. Make small balls of dough and arrange them on prepared trays. Press down to flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Leave the cookies on the trays for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.