This recipe is best with
- 135g butter
- 105g castor sugar
- 30g peanut butter jam
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 190g plain flour
- 40g dried apricots, finely diced
- Garnishing (combined):
- 40g peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Place butter, sugar, essence, salt and peanut butter jam in a mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift in flour and stir in apricots to mix.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured tabletop. Roll out dough between two plastic sheets. Cut out with any desired cookie cutter. (For Christmas, use a Christmas tree cookie cutter for a feel of the season). Brush lightly with milk and press in a little of the combined peanut and sesame seed mixture in the centre of the cut-out dough.
- Arrange the cookies, spreading them out neatly, on lightly greased baking trays. Bake in preheated oven at 175°C for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.