This recipe is best with
- 130g butter
- 120g castor sugar
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp evaporated milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 200g self-raising flour
- 60g instant oats
- 60g dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, sugar, essence, evaporated milk and egg until light and fluffy.
- Sift salt and self-raising flour together. Add to the butter mixture. Stir in oats and cranberries. Mix into a well-combined dough.
- Roll pieces of dough into small balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Leave cookies to cool on the baking sheets for five to 10 minutes then transfer onto wire racks to cool completely.