This Colourful Wheel Cookie recipe and photo are courtesy of Planta.
- 120g margarine (melted)
- 10g ghee
- 100g castor sugar
- 120g wheat flour (sieved)
- 1 egg (separate the yolk and white)
- 50g rice flour (sieved)
- 1/2tsp vanilla (essence)
- Few drops food colouring (red, yellow and green)
- Beat margarine, ghee and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the yolk and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Add the both flour, a little at a time and mix well.
- Divide the mix into three parts and add one colour to each portion.
- Make balls of each colour. (Size of a grap or they should weigh 5-7g each).
- Take three balls of different colours and make it into one big ball. Do the same to the rest of the balls.
- Keep the dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Then roll out the the ball into a 'long snake' onto the baking tray.
- Curl it to become a wheel. Do the same to the rest.
- Bake at 150 degrees Celcius in a preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the rack before putting them into an airtight container.
- Tips: After step 8, sprinkle the cookie with colourful dragees. For a quicker process, after step 4, put the 3 different coloured balls into a piping bag with a round nozzle and pipe out the dough. If the dough becomes too soft, put it back into the fridge for a few more minutes.