This recipe is best with
- 95g butter
- 90g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 125g castor sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind, chopped
- 255g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g cornflakes, crushed
- Grease baking trays lightly with corn oil.
- Beat butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice, egg yolk and lemon rind and continue to beat until well combined.
- Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and cornflakes; mix.
- Shape the mixture into balls and place them on prepared trays, spacing them out well.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170°c for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown. Leave the cookies on the trays for 1 - 2 minutes before transferring them on to wire racks to cool completely.