This recipe is best with
- 275g superfine flour, sifted
- 70g chopped pistachios
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 180g butter
- 160g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for glaze
- 75g pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped for deccoration
- Line cookie trays with greased grease-proof paper.
- Cream butter, icing sugar, essence and salt until creamy and light. Add sifted flour and pistachios to mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Pinch off a small portion and roll into small lime-sized balls. Dip in beaten egg and coat with chopped pistachios. Use a fork dipped in flour and press lightly on each cookie. Arrange the cookies on prepared trays and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 18 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks then store in airtight containers.