This recipe is best with
- 300g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 60g sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 4 tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 1/4 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Some shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted water following packet instructions until al dente. Drain and leave aside. Add a little olive oil and toss to mix.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan and fry garlic and onion until fragrant and onion has softened. Add sun-dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add diced tomatoes, and salt and sugar to taste. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until sauce has thickened.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and sprinkle with parsley. Toss to mix and dish out to serve.