This recipe and photo are courtesy of Planta。
- 120 g margarine
- 35 g ghee
- 190 g wheat flour (sieved)
- 20 g corn flour (sieved)
- 2 egg yolks
- 300 g pineapple ring
- Egg wash (mix ingredients well)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp fresh milk
- Beat margarine and ghee until fluffy. Add egg yolks an mix well.
- Add in the flours and mix well. Keep the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Knead the jam and make into round balls weighing 8g each.
- Use a jam tart mould to roll out the dough. Then put the jam on the dough and wrap around the jam. Then egg wash the tart.
- Arrange on the baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 170 - 180 Celcius for 20-25 minutes.
- Tips: Sprinkle dragees or add a fondant flower to the tart after the egg wash.
4 thoughts on “Jam Tarts”
Most of the recipes uses margarine. Would it turn out the same if butter is used?
You can use butter in the recipes instead of margarine.
The Kuali Team
If use unsalted butter, do we need to add salt?
Hi Siti, yes, if you use unsalted butter, do add in a pinch of salt. Happy Baking!