The Nutty Semperit has a soft pastry base with a thin layer of peanut spread sandwiched in the middle for flavour, and a layer of chopped glazed peanut on top for crunch.
Photo and recipe courtesy of SCS.
- 200 g butter
- 80 g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 160 g plain flour
- 65 g corn flour
- 100 g custard powder
- 130 g peanut butter
- 80 g glazed peanut (chopped / crushed)
- 1 egg
- Beat butter with icing sugar until fluffy, then add in vanilla essence.
- Next, pour in all the dry ingredients and mix well. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Separate the dough to two portions. Roll in between two plastic sheet to 3mm thickness. Chill in fridge.
- Remove from fridge once dough is slightly hardened. Spread 1st portion with peanut butter and cover with the other one on top. Chill in fridge again until dough hardens.
- Cut into smaller pieces and top with egg wash and crushed nuts.
- Bake at 160ºC for 20 minutes or until cooked.
2 thoughts on “Nutty Semperit”
What is and how to make the glazed peanut or can this be bought from cake ingredients suppliers?
We have not seen glazed peanuts at the cake ingredients supply stores. However, you can make them.
Here’s the recipe:
2 cups raw peanuts
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
Combine and dissolve sugar and water over medium heat in a pan. Once dissolved, add in the peanuts and continue to stir over medium heat, until peanuts are shiny or have a glazed look. Remove pan from heat and spread the peanuts on an aluminum foil. Be sure to separate peanuts while they are warm so they do not stick together.
Hope this helps.
The Kuali Team.