- Put sifted flour, double action baking powder, milk powder and eggs in an electric mixer. Beat until a soft and pliable dough is formed. Leave aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and cut into thin strips.
- Loosen the strips and deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown. Remove and drain.
- Bring the syrup ingredients to a simmer until the syrup thickens.
- To test it, drop a little syrup into a bowl of cold water. If it forms a small ball, it is ready.
- Put the ready fried strips of dough into the syrup and stir well to mix, with a pair of wooden chopsticks.
- Pour the well-coated syrupy strips into a shallow baking tray.
- Press down firmly and leave aside to cool.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
You may also like