- Scald beancurd in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool. Squeeze out the water.
- Cut the beancurd diagonally. Make a slit in the centre of each.
- Heat oil in a kuali. Sauté the garlic till fragrant.
- Add water, sliced fish balls, soya sauce and sugar. Follow with salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Remove when fishballs are cooked.
- Cool the mixture. Remove the fishballs from the sauce. Mix with cucumber.
- Stuff the beancurd with the fishball mixture. Pour remainder of sauce (if any).
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and chopped coriander leaf. Serve with chilli sauce.
You may also like