Belgian fries or French Fries? Who invented fries? Despite the debates continues, no doubt everyone loves this easy to make dish.
- Mayonnaise. Combine the egg yolks with the mustard and slowly whisk in the oil. Finally, whisk in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 500 ml grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Andalouse sauce. Combine all ingredients and adjust seasoning to taste.
- 200 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- paprika powder to taste
- chilli powder to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into desired shapes – thick batons are ideal. Rinse with water, and pat dry.
- Fry the potatoes at 150°C in vegetable oil, until soft. Remove from oil, drain and allow to cool.
- Fry again in vegetable oil at 180°C, until golden brown and crisp. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.