- 2 squid or calamari
- 100g Cookmate Fried Chicken Premix
- 200ml water
- 50g Cookmate Fried Chicken Premix
- Dipping sauce
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- some lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- Clean & cut the squid or calamari into rings. Place in a bowl with the marinade ingredients and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the batter by mixing 100g premix powder with 200ml of water. Coat the squid or calamari rings with the batter.
- Dipping Sauce: mix all the ingredients together to get a thick consistency. Set aside.
- Heat enough oil for deep- frying in a wok over medium heat. Drop the coated squid rings carefully into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels and serve hot with the dipping sauce.