This recipe was originally published on Star2.com
- For coating clams and prawns:
- 35g shelled clam meat, rinsed and well drained
- 65g shelled prawns, diced
- a little tapioca flour
- ¼ tsp five-spice powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp beaten egg
- For mixing together:
- 50g corn flour
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp finely diced bird's eye chillies
- 2 century eggs, cleaned and diced
- Some fried vermicelli for garnish
- Coat clam meat and prawn meat with a little tapioca flour, five-spice powder and sea salt followed by beaten egg.
- Return to the cornflour mixture. Lightly make small balls of clam and prawn meat with the cornflour and the rest of the ingredients. Make sure it binds well together. Toss the balls in adequate corn flour.
- Deep-fry the balls in hot oil till golden brown and done.