Halwa, dense and sweet, is popular not only in Indian cuisine but also in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines.
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
This recipe is courtesy of Venusitas and was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 1.25litres water
- 750g corn flour
- 2.25kg sugar
- 750g ghee
- 150g almonds, roughly chopped
- 150g raisins, roughly chopped
- 100g cashews, roughly chopped
- Over medium heat, boil the water in a pan, then add the flour, mixing well. Slowly pour in the sugar and cook till it dissolves, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring all the while to prevent lumps. Cook till the mixture thickens and begins to come away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat, pour the mixture into a tray and leave to cool. Once cool, cut the block into squares and serve.