Ingredients is not available.
- Clean chicken thoroughly; chop off the feet and remove the pancreas. Dab dry the inside cavity with several pieces of kitchen paper towel. Rub the inside of the chicken with the combined seasoning ingredients (A). Tie a piece of cord or strong string on the neck of the chicken.
- Bring half wok of water to a boil and hold the chicken just above the rapidly boiling water. Use a ladle to scoop up the hot water and scald the chicken 3 4 times all over.
- Using a clean wok, bring half wok of water to a boil. Add maltose, both types of vinegars and salt. Stir until maltose is completely dissolved.
- Dip and scald the chicken in the maltose water. Turn the chicken quickly in the wok. Remove and hang the chicken to air-dry in the sun for 45 hours.
- Heat enough oil in a wok until hot and deep-fry the chicken for 1215 minutes or until golden brown. (Reduce the heat if chicken browns too quickly and prick any air bubbles that may appear on the skin.)
- Cut chicken into serving pieces and serve immediately.