Learn how to make a extra crunchy deep-fried fish fritters from Amy Beh! You can basically use any fish fillets that you like for this recipe.
- 400g garoupa fish fillet, cut into 1.5cm thick strips
- 1 onion, cut into half rings
- 1 tbsp chopped red chillies
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- Batter ingredients:
- 60g self-raising flour
- 20g rice flour
- 10g cornflour
- 1 tsp meat curry powder
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock seasoning powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 125ml water
- 1 tbsp oil
- Combine batter ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir and mix into a smooth batter.
- Add fish slices, onion, chilli and spring onion into the batter. Mix well.
- Heat enough oil in a wok until hot. Scoop a slice of fish together with the ingredients in the batter.
- Drop it into the hot oil. Deep-fry until golden brown. Dish out and place on absorbent kitchen paper towels. Serve the fritters immediately with chilli sauce.