If you’re looking for something a little different, give this recipe a go. The Jalapeno certainly gives this drink a unique hint of spice.
This recipe was first published in Flavours.
- 300ml passion fruit juice
- 90ml pineapple juice
- 60ml Gin Mare
- 2 Jalapenos
- sprigs of mintfor garnishing
- Combine passion fruit and pineapple juice and freeze. Place the frozen block in a colander lined with cloth and leave to drip till only colourless ice remains in the cloth (do not allow the block to melt completely).
- Fill a shaker with some ice, gin and the dripped juice and shake to combine.
- Muddle the Jalapeno at the bottom of a glass, then pour in the mixture and garnish with the mint sprigs. remove the Jalapeno before serving.