- Marinate glutinous rice with seasoning (A) for two hours. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, fry dried shrimps till fragrant. Add yam and mushrooms. Fry well. Add seasoning (B) to mix.
- Dish out and add Chinese sausages to mix.
- Fold bamboo leaves into a cone, add one tablespoon of seasoned rice then one tablespoon of filling. Top up with another tablespoon of glutinous rice. Tie with hemp string in bundles of 10 dumplings.
- Put into a pressure cooker containing enough boiling water. Cook for 45 to 50 minutes or boil the traditional way as you would for the Vegetarian-Style Nyonya Dumplings.
You may also like