In this ‘Easy Diwali Snacks’ series, this achu murukku recipe is eggless and it is as promising as the normal ones. Crispy, light and impossibly hard to resist!
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 50g rice flour
- 60g sugar
- 2g salt
- 8g white sesame seeds
- 140g thick coconut milk
- 100g water
- oil for frying
- achu murukku mould
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except coconut milk and water.
- Once well combined, add in the thick coconut milk and water. Mix till it forms a batter.
- Heat up oil and once hot, place the mould in to heat for 1 minute
- Remove mould from hot oil and gently dip into the batter and lift to drain excess batter.
- Quickly dip the mould in the hot oil, making sure it doesn't touch the bottom of the pan. Gently shake the mould up and down to release the batter.
- Fry on medium heat or till golden brown. Repeat till finish.
- Let them cool before storing into airtight container. Enjoy!