In this ‘Easy Diwali Snacks’ series, this crunchy and delicious snack is one that you could enjoy at any time of the day. It’s also known as sev!
- 280g gram dhal flour
- 80g rice flour
- 2g chili powder
- 2g turmeric powder
- 2g cumin seeds (blend finely)
- 1/2tsp salt or to taste
- 120g water
- 20g oil
- more oil for frying
- Cookie press with small holes disc
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except water and oil. Set aside.
- Heat up the 20g of oil and add into the flour mixture. Mix with a spoon/fork and gradually add in the water.
- Knead till it forms a dough. Fill the cookie press with adequate dough
- Heat up oil and once hot, press the omapodi dough into the hot oil in circular shapes.
- Fry till they turn golden brown. Drain excess oil and let it set aside to cool. Repeat process till finish.
- Once cooled, break them and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!