In this “Soup-er Delicious” series, tom yam soup is one of Malaysian’s favorite soup that helps to stimulate appetite in this hot weather.
- 8 Prawns (shelled, but shells to keep for boiling the stock)
- cod fish (chunks)
- golden mushrooms
- 1 can of straw mushrooms
- Soup Base
- 2 lemongrass (cut into lengths of approx 6cm, bruised)
- lengkuas (approx 3 inches, cut into 5 "chunks")
- lime leaves (10 leaves, torn)
- 3 chilli padi, broken
- 3 coriander roots (keep the leaves for garnish)
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 3 limes, for juice
- 1-2 cubes of maggi stock (i use tom yam or chicken)
- fish sauce (1/3 cup)
- Boil the prawn shells in water for approx 15 min.
- Add all (A) ingredients into the stock and boil. Add stock cube, salt and fish sauce to taste.
- Simmer over low heat for 40 min.
- Add mushrooms, prawns and fish to soup, 5 min before serving.
- Add lime juice to taste.