In this ‘Sou-per Delicious’ series, serve soup on your dinner table as easy as this ABC soup!
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 large carrots, cut into large chunks
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 litres water
- 1 teaspoon white peppercorn
- salt to taste
- Clean chicken of all innards and feather stubs. Wash vegetables and cut them all to about the same size.
- Place all ingredients into a pot and fill with cold water until it just covers all the chicken and vegetables. Add whole peppercorns and about 1 teaspoon salt.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 3 hours, or in pressure cooker for 1 hour.
- When ready, adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.