In this ‘WTF – Where’s the fish’ series, we are adding a twist to the well-known Tomyum Soup by adding salmon to it, bringing a refreshing taste to the palate.
- 150g salmon fillets, cubed
- 1/4 onion, cubed
- 2cm ginger, sliced
- 1 medium size eggplant, roll cut
- 100g oyster mushrooms
- 1 tomato, wedges
- 2 tbsp tomyum paste (follow the instruction on the packaging)
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- Some lemon juice
- 3 cup water/ stock
- Add water or chicken stock to a pot. Add lemongrass, ginger and onion and bring to a boil.
- Mix in tomyam paste and stir till well combined.
- Add tomato, eggplant and oyster mushrooms. Cook for around 5 to 10 minutes until the eggplant is soft.
- Lastly, add in salmon cubes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Season with lemon juice. You may add salt or fish sauce as desired.