- Wash and soak salt fish pieces in clear water for 30 to 40 minutes. Drain well. Deep-fry salted fish in hot oil for five to six minutes. Dish out and set aside.
- Marinate chicken with salt and pepper, and leave aside for 10 to 15 minutes. Bring water or chicken stock to a boil. Add deep-fried salt fish pieces and ginger, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer soup over a gentle heat for 20 minutes until fish is tender.
- Add chicken and cook for seven to eight minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Stir in beancurd gently and cook over a medium-low heat until soup comes to a boil. Add spring onions and seasoning.
- Serve soup hot.
You may also like