Fish Fry Recipe – This is Going to be a delicious, crispy, and spicy fish fry, which makes for a great appetizer or a side dish to a meal. A simple vegetable salad or sliced onion & a lime wedge can complement this Tawa fish fry. And also it can be served as a side with any variety of rice like Ghee rice, jeera rice, or simple coconut rice. Not only flavored rice it also goes well with plain rice and Rasam. Follow this recipe of fish fry step by step, it will be easy for you to make a super delicious, crispy & spicy fish fry. Click to Know more
- 1/2 kg Fish Fillets
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- Lemon juice as necessary
- Salt as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Rice flour
- Salt as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 4-5 nos Finely chopped curry leaves or dried crushed curry leaves
- To make the first marinade add the following ingredients to a plate – Salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder, red chili powder and lemon juice.
- Mix all these ingredients well to make a paste. Taste the marination to check the seasoning and add if anything required.
- Nicely clean and rinse the fish fillets thoroughly.
- Now apply the marinade to the fish fillets, if the paste is too thick add 1 tsp of water to apply the paste well and set them aside.
- Take a plate add flour, salt, red chili powder, and finely chopped curry leaves and mix all the ingredients well and check for the seasoning and add if anything required. This is the second marination.
- Place the fish fillets in the flour mixture and make sure the flour coats well on both sides of the fish. Fish looks floury when you do it, simply set them aside in a plate for few mins.
- Wait until the dry flours turns into moist, the moisture in the fish makes the flour damp and it sticks very well to the fish fillets.
- Heat oil in a pan or tawa and spread it well evenly.