Raymond Ng developed a passion for cooking when he was an exchange student in Japan. Now that he is all grown up, he continues to cook, even hosting weekly family dinners for up to 20 people.
To read more about Ng and his other recipes, visit this page.
- For the sauce:
- oil, for cooking
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1/4 cup water
- For the salad:
- 1 can abalone, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 stalk spring onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 to 3 cili padi (optional)
- 5 to 6 limes, juiced
- To make the sauce: In a pan, heat up oil and fry garlic till golden brown. Add in light soya sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, Shaoxing wine and water. Let cook for awhile, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To assemble salad: Arrange all the salad ingredients, except lime juice in a salad bowl or large serving plate. Drizzle the lime juice and sauce on the salad and serve.