Squid is fast to cook and has its own special chewy characteristics.
- 350g squid, 1 large or 2 medium
- Spice paste
- 3 red chillies, seeded
- 4 dried chillies, soaked and seeded
- 3 shallots, peeled
- 2cloves garlic, peeled
- 1tsp sugar
- 1/2tsp pepper
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp oil
- 2tbsp cincalok
- 2cloves garlicfinely chopped
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 3 bird’s eye chillies, sliced
- 20ml lime juice
- 2tbsp sugar to taste
- Blend the spices in a food processor into a fine paste. Mix the paste with the seasoning. Marinate the squid with the mixture for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 150°C and grill the squid for about 15 minutes, or until cooked.
- Allow it to cool slightly before slicing it up (about 2cm thick). Arrange the squid on a serving plate.
- Combine salsa ingredients and serve as a dip.