- 4 pieces bamboo pith
- 150g chicken stock
- 400g Hong Kong siew pak choy (also called chee kang pak)
- 2 tsp Hong Kong flour
- 50g crab roe
- Soak bamboo pith in hot water, changing water constantly until it clears. Remove, trim into rectangular slices (2 x 1) and simmer in chicken stock for 10 minutes.
- Blanch vegetables in hot water to soften; do not overcook them. Drain off water and arrange the vegetables on a plate in a circular pattern.
- Remove bamboo pith from stock and place on top of the vegetables.
- Heat remaining chicken stock and thicken with hong kong flour. Stir well and pour over vegetables and bamboo pith.
- Garnish with crab roe.