Lobster Soup recipe for an extravagant night. Try this recipe now!
This recipe is best with
- 1 Lobster
- 1 pint of fish stock
- 1 Onion
- Boil the lobster, seasoning the water it was boiled in.
- Put all the meat, except the tail-ends and any corals into a mortar with the shell and pound it all together as fine as possible.
- Add this to the fish stock and the water the lobster was boiled in; season with pepper and salt, parsley, thyme, lime-peel and some breadcrumbs and an onion.
- Simmer quietly for nearly two hours then strain it off.
- Have ready the tail end of the lobster, diced, and the lobster corals and put them into the tureen. Add a little milk, a dessertspoon of butter and some nutmeg to the soup and give it one boil.
- Pour into the tureen and serve: some people like forcemeat balls added to this soup.