This is a simple prawn dish that goes well rice.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Chef Christina Arokiasamy.
- 1/4cup chilli sauce
- 1/4cup tomato sauce
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 5tbsps peanut or canola oil
- 4cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3-8 red chilli, finely chopped
- 454g Tiger prawns, cleaned and shelled
- 1/2cup chicken broth, low sodium quality
- 1tbsp cornstarch or rice starch mixed with 3 tbsps water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1tsp sesame seeds
- Make the sauce by combining chilli sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and keep aside.
- Place wok over medium heat for 30 seconds, pour hot oil around the perimeter of the wok. Add garlic and chillies and stir-fry until the garlic is golden in colour.
- Add in the chilli sauce mixture into the wok and mix well. Allow the sauce to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put in tiger prawns into the wok, and stir-fry on high heat, pressing the prawns against the hot wok. Pour in the chicken broth, mix well and cook for 2 minutes over high heat.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and lightly beaten egg. Stir-fry for another 1 minute until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.