- Clean fish and make two slits on either side of the body. Rub fish inside and out with salt and ginger and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine ingredients (A) in a small bowl. Place fish on a heatproof dish, then pour contents of bowl over it.
- Arrange sliced mushrooms and spring onion around the fish and sprinkle with the kei chi. Add a dash of pepper.
- Place steaming rack in a wok and place the fish on rack. Cover the wok and steam the fish for 10-15 minutes. Serve fish immediately.
- (Chef's note: The normal time for steaming fish is about 10-15 minutes but then this depends on the intensity of the flame used.)
You may also like