- 300g large prawns, keep shells intact
- 5g hairs of ginseng roots (yong sum soe)
- 1 tsp kei chi
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine (optional)
- A little cornflour
- 1 egg white
- Rinse ginseng roots, soak in ¼ cup hot water for 5-6 minutes.
- Marinate prawns with seasoning for 5 minutes.
- Arrange prawns on a heatproof dish. Spread kei chi around and pour steeped ginseng over. Add 3 tbsp steeped ginseng stock.
- Steam over rapid boiling water for about 7-8 minutes or until prawns change colour. Serve immediately.