Medjool Chicken, made with Medjool dates, this chicken dish has a twang of sweet and spicy to it.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Spice paste:
- 1 tbsp cili boh
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger (cut into pieces)
- 1 large onion (cut into pieces)
- To cook the chicken:
- 1 medium chicken (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 stalks lemongrass (bruised)
- 10 Medjool dates (pitted and chopped)
- 1 large onion (cut into rings)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend to form a paste.
- Rub the tumeric and salt onto the chicken.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the chicken until lightly browned.
- Remove the chicken and set aside then discard most of the oil from the wok.
- Add the spice paste and lemongrass and stir-fry till fragrant.
- Add the chicken, dates, onion rings and water (if needed) and stir till chicken is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste then serve.
To make paste:
To cook chicken:
1 thought on “Medjool Chicken”
Simple and looks delicious. Thanks !