The light tanginess of orange in these Orange Surprise Semperit cookies will send you on a refreshing flavour journey. The burst of citrus tang that marries so well with the buttery pastry, is sure to curb any cookie craving.
Photo and recipe courtesy of SCS.
- 200 g butter
- 85 g icing sugar
- 35 g egg
- 6 tsp orange juice concentrate
- 20 g orange zest
- 200 g plain flour
- 70 g corn flour
- 70 g custard powder
- 40 g Orange coloured sugar
- 40 g red coloured sugar
- Beat butter and icing sugar until fluffy. Then add in egg, orange juice and orange zest.
- Fold in the flours and custard powder place it into a piping bag.
- Pipe into the shape of “8”, sprinkle with coloured sugar and bake at 150ºC for 18 minutes or until cooked.