- Water dough: Put sifted flours into a mixing bowl. Add in sugar to mix. Stir in golden syrup and shortening.
- Mix well to combine. Pour in water gradually and knead into a smooth dough. Rest dough for 30 minutes then divide into equal portions.
- Oil dough: Combine shortening and flour together and mix into a non-sticky dough. Divide oil dough into equal parts.
- Wrap one portion of oil dough inside the water dough. Roll out the dough into a longish flat piece then roll it up into a Swiss roll.
- Repeat the process again then roll out into a thin piece.
- Wrap up with a piece of lotus paste filling. Arrange the salted egg pastry onto a lightly glazed baking ray.
- Brush with egg glaze twice and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- (Note: Get ready-made lotus paste from your bakery shops in town.)
You may also like