Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealhyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan western recipes, these savoury Potato Salad Tarts will take you high up the popularity chart when you whip this up for small gatherings or parties.
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
This recipe is best with
- Tart crust
- 100g butter
- 40g icing sugar
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4 egg
- 150g plain flour
- Cucumber potato salad filling
- 1/2 Japanese cucumber, sliced
- a little salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 ham, sliced and cut into strips
- some mayonnaise
- Beat butter, icing sugar and salt until creamy. Add in egg and mix. Fold in flour and mix into a dough. Refrigerate for a while.
- Take a small portion of the pastry and press into tart moulds. Prick the base with a fork to prevent the base from bulging up. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for about 12-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt over the cucumber slices. Toss and leave aside for 5 minutes. Squeeze the water out of the cucumber and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook potatoes until soft. Remove and mash the potato with a fork. Leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cucumber, potato, ham and mayonnaise. Season to taste.
- Fill the tart cases generously with the salad. Serve at once.
Cucumber potato salad filling