Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealthyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan dessert recipes, Hainanese Puffed Rice Crispies. Crunchy and gluten-free, it makes a perfect snack or dessert for people of all ages.
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
- 240g dried rice (cooked and dried)
- 200g roasted peanuts
- Sugar Syrup:
- 200g raw cane sugar/normal white sugar
- 150g water
- 3 nos lime juice
- pinch of salt
- (optional) 1 nos orange zest
- Deep fry the rice till it puffs. Once done set aside
- In a pan/wok, heat up the sugar syrup ingredients (sugar, water, lime juice, salt) till 115 deg C or test drop into water and you're able to form a soft ball with your hands
- Then, mix in the puffed rice and roasted peanuts till evenly coated.
- Transfer to a pan and press it with a flat surfaced tool, making sure they're not loose.
- Let it cool slightly before cutting and store in airtight containers. Enjoy!