We know salted egg is in trend now but have you match it with potatoes? Introducing you — U.S. Potato Salted Egg Gnocchi, a dish that will surely impress you, by Chef Timothy!
- 1 kg U.S. Russet Potatoes
- Salt (As needed)
- 240 gms 00 Tipo Flour
- Olive Oil (As needed)
- 4 gms Meat Curry Powder
- 2 nos Cili Padi Red
- 120gms Cherry Tomatoes
- 120gms Cooking Cream
- 4 gms Truffle Oil
- Corn Flour (As needed)
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- 80 gms Garlic Chop
- 100 gms Chicken Floss
- 380 gms Unsalted Butter
- 2 Nos Eggs
- 20 nos Salted Egg Yolk
- 32 gms Sugar Castor
- 60 gms Curry Leafs
- 2 Nos Limes
- Peel, wash and cut 1kg US Russet potatoes into 1 inch x 1inch cubes. Place in stock pot with water and bring to boil, one soft drain.
- Combine 120 gm of cooking cream, 80 gm of unsalted butter and 4gm of salt in a sauce pot. Bring to boil and pour over hot potatoes.
- Whip using hand blender till the mash is smooth and is not lumpy. Then lastly add in truffle oil and mix in well. Then the mashed potatoes are done.
- Place the mash potatoes into a mixing bowl, add in 2gm of salt, 2 nos of egg yolks and 240gm of tipo flour. Mix together with fork, then mix by hand. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- After resting, dust clean surface with corn flour, dust hands also with corn flour.
- Cut a small piece of dough, roll into long a log about 3/4 inch thick. Use a knife and cut into 1-inch segments. Individually roll the gnocchi along gnocchi paddle.
- Place on a tray dusted with corn flour, cover, and place in freezer for 2 hours until frozen. Place 12 pcs in a portion bag and freeze until needed.
- Place 20 nos of salted egg yolk onto baking tray in a single layer, bake at 180℃ for 15 minutes, once done, place in strainer, do not discard oil.
- Once yolks are cooled, place in food processor and crumb, combine back with the oil. Keep Chilled.
- Put 32 gm of sugar castor, 10 gm of fine salt and 4gm of meat curry powder and place in a container, cover and shake well.
- Suggest to cook maximum 2 portions in a pan at one time for a 6 portions yield.
- Place one portion of frozen gnocchi in boiling water, once risen to top, remove and add to a hot sauté pan, make sure to get a sear on both sides.
- Season with 1 pinch of salt & black pepper, remove onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, lower to medium heat, add the 20gm of olive oil, 2tbs of unsalted butter, 1 tsp of chop garlic, tbs of curry leaf, 2 tbs of salted egg crumble, 1 tsp of salted egg seasoning and ½ tsp of cili padi.
- Sauté on low heat until fragrant. Once garlic and curry leaf are fragrant, increase heat to medium high while stirring, the sauce will start to froth. Watch the heat as the sauce will burn if too hot.
- Once the sauce is frothy, add in the seared gnocchi, 1tbs of cherry tomatoes and 1tbs of chicken floss, toss till well combined, then squeeze in the lime juice, toss to combine, and turn off heat.
- Arrange the gnocchi into a pasta bowl. Garnish top with 1 tbs of chicken floss, 1 tsp of salted egg crumble and I x fried curry leaf sprig and you can serve immediately.