Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealthyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan breakfast/brunch recipes, Vegan Apam Balik. Also known as “turnover pancake”, this egg-less and dairy free version will get your apam balik cravings fixed.
- 1 cup all purpose flour (sifted)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup soymilk/water
- toasted ground peanut flour
- brown sugar
- dark chocolate chips (optional)
- vegan butter/margarine (optional)
- Combine both the dry ingredients followed by the wet ingredients till it forms a thick batter.
- Heat up your non-stick pan and slightly grease it with some vegan butter if you need to
- When the pan is heated, pour some batter and let it spread to the edges of the the pan (for a crispy edge). Make sure to use a low to med heat.
- Once it starts to bubble, place your toppings and cover the lid for 1 minute, on low flame.
- When it's ready, the edges should come off from the pan easily. Fold it and transfer over to a board
- Brush it with some butter (optional) and cut it into smaller pieces. Enjoy!