Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealhyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan dessert/bread recipes, Vegan Banana Cake. This recipe is very easy to make at home and it tastes almost similar to the normal ones.
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
- 140g mashed over-ripen bananas
- 70g soymilk or any plant based alternatives
- 6g apple cider vinegar
- 50g corn oil
- 80g sugar
- 2g salt
- 3g vanilla extract
- Dry Ingredients:
- 150g cake flour
- 5g baking powder
- 2g baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C
- In a bowl, combine mashed bananas, followed by soymilk and apple cider vinegar, Mix and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Then , add in oil, sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Mix till well combined.
- Once the mixture has come together, sift in the dry ingredients. Combine till no lumps of flour are visible and make sure not to overmix.
- Pour batter to a lined baking tin. I use a 7"x3"x3" loaf tin.
- Bake at 170 deg C for 40-45 mins or till skewer comes out clean.