This quick and simple carrot cake is made using a loaf pan. It is soft and spiced with cinnamon powder. It can be enjoyed any time of the day with a cup of coffee or tea – especially a perfect treat for teatime or after meal snack. Option to add a glaze on top for a sweeter dessert.
- Dry Ingredients:
- 300g all purpose flour
- 8g baking powder
- 6g baking soda
- 2g cinnamon powder
- 200g brown sugar
- 4g salt
- 250g carrot
- 50g walnuts
- Wet Ingredients:
- 5g vanilla essence
- 200g almond milk
- 120g sunflower oil
- Sieve the flour and grate the carrot.
- In a bowl, pre-mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Then add in the grated carrots and walnuts. Mix well. 4. Add in the vanilla essence, almond milk and walnuts. 5. Using a hand whisk, mix until well combined. Then add in the sunflower oil and mix well.
- Pour the cake batter into the loaf pans lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Check for donness by placing a skewer through the cake and it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.